There are several guides out there showing how to get published, talking about the review process, and giving tips and hints on the process. Here is one of them by Taylor & Francis.
1. When choosing a journal, decide between a niche journal vs. a generalist journal.
2. Carefully read the aims and scope of the journal you are targeting in order to understand how and if your paper fits with the journal.
3. Quote other papers from the journal you are targeting (adds to their own impact factor).
4. Do not submit the same paper to more than one journal at a time.
5. If your paper gets rejected, relax and take the time to consider the comments you received.