These are some of the themes the journal editors are interested in, but you are free to come up with your own suggestion:
- Imagination and representation of the past by and for organizations.
- The use of history and narratives in organizations – with respect to power, learning, knowledge management, culture and change, as well as resistance to change.
- The role of organizations’ historical narratives in empowering and constraining strategic and organizational changes, including mergers and acquisitions.
- The role of narratives in organizational learning and knowledge transfer.
- The interplay of narratives with larger societal narratives or discourses.
- The dynamic tension between commemoration and history and organizational identity and identification processes in organizations.
The application deadline is June 1, 2012. papers should be between 5,000 and 8,000 words and accepted papers will be published in January, 2014.
The journal is ranked 61/140 in Management and has an impact factor of 1.488.